Oppenheimer’s attorneys are experienced in civil and criminal government investigations, as well internal company investigations. We have decades of experience as former government regulators and prosecutors and understand the legal and practical considerations that arise when companies and individuals face government scrutiny.
Our team includes a former in-house counsel at a Fortune 500 company who managed corporate and government investigations, former heads of the Minnesota Attorney General’s criminal and Medicaid fraud divisions, and lawyers skilled in employment and other types of internal investigations.
- We have successfully represented health care companies in federal and state investigations, including False Claims Act claims. In one instance we represented a pharmacy benefit manager in a federal investigation where the government ultimately decided not to intervene (case study).
- We have defended a variety of companies in civil and criminal antitrust matters, including criminal price fixing cases and related class actions (case study).
False Claims Act
- We have successfully represented companies in False Claims Acts investigations and lawsuits, including a regional generation and transmission power cooperative in a federal False Claims Act suit with more than $150 million at issue (case study).
- We have conducted numerous internal corporate investigations, into areas such as billing reimbursement by medical device and health care companies, whistleblower allegations, embezzlement and other fraud and employment matters.
- Our attorneys have also conducted internal corporate investigations to help companies, boards and audit committees assess and manage risk.
White Collar Crime
- We have represented individuals charged with state and federal criminal offenses, including criminal tax, price fixing, commercial bribery, and health care fraud.
- We have represented entities and individuals in federal contract debarment and exclusion proceedings.
- We have served as state and federal court appointed receivers of individuals and companies charged with or being investigated for fraud-based offenses.